Monday, December 28, 2009

Avatar movie props and costume accessories...

Even though James Cameron's futuristic sci-fi blockbuster utilizes the latest in CGI special effects, the movie still features many detailed props and intricate costume accessories.
This selection of original items from the film were on display at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood on December 28, 2009.
Original props from Avatar on display at the Cinerama Dome
Actual Avatar movie props
Sam Worthington plays 'Jake Sully' a paraplegic Marine veteran who travels to the moon of Pandora to remotely operate a genetically engineered 'Avatar' hybrid of human and the indigenous Na'vi species.
Jake Sully's wheelchair prop as featured in Avatar
Avatar movie prop Jake's wheelchair
The alien blue-skinned Na'vi are tall tribal forest dwellers who live in harmony with their environment and wear little aside from colourful feathered and beaded clothing.
Costume accessories worn by Jake Sully's hybrid 'Avatar'
Jake Sully Avatar movie props
Above are the head dress, arm band, chocker and neckless worn by Jake as a member of the Omaticaya clan.
Actual boots and socks worn by Jake Sully's 'Avatar'
Avatar film props Jake's boots
These massive boots and socks worn by Jake's 'Avatar' when he leaves the human base at the start of the movie help to illustrate how tall and proportionately bigger than humans the aliens are.
Jake Sully's Na'vi bow from Avatar
Avatar movie prop Jake Sully's bow
The native tribes use bows, arrows and knives to take on the guns, flame-throwers and missiles of the invading humans.
Avatar movie poster
Avatar movie poster
Avatar costume accessories worn by Na'vi alien 'Neytiri'
Neytiri's wristband Avatar movie props
Avatar Na'vi movie props
Above are costume accessories including arm and wrist bands, a feather necklace and even a herb pouch worn by the Pandora native 'Neytiri', played in the movie by Zoe Saldana.
Na'vi alien costume accessories featured in Avatar
Avatar Na'vi tribe movie feather costume accessories
In addition to the indigenous Na'vi accessories the exhibit also featured a selection of human military helmets, weapons and other props to help create the futuristic world of Avatar.
Actual props from James Cameron's Avatar
Avatar movie weapon propsOriginal Avatar movie props
Authentic Avatar movie props
Original Avatar film props
Avatar film poster
Avatar film poster

28 comments:

  1. Does anyone know if the Avatar props will go on sale?

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be sick!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is the brand of knife that Jake carries at the biginning? I think it has a green grip...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry but I can't help you with the knife brand, maybe another visitor can?

    ReplyDelete
  5. in the opening scene when the soldier calls jake meals on wheels, whats that big knife on his back?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Do you have a larger size image of:
    Avatar+movie+weapon+props.jpg?

    I'd like to "get a closer look" at the props on top of the storage case.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do have an higher res image if you'd like me to email you.

    You can send me your contact details to: jasoninhollywood@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. how about the watch that norman wears

    ReplyDelete
  9. Avatar Official Licensed items:
    Avatar items will be going out late Summer before
    Halloeen. You can purchase them through a pre-sale
    now at the following sites:
    www.ecostumes2u.com
    Www.memomine.com they include, avatar jake costume,avatar neytiri costume adult, avartar neytire child costume, avatar jake child costume, avatar spear, avatar bow and arrow,
    avatar make-up, avartar jake wig, avartar neytiri wig.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to know more about the Gas Mask in the film...What Prop Company designed and built them for the movie, are their replicas available, or detailed schematics available?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it was Weta Workshop - if you visit their website they'll soon have more info on props/costumes/concepts for Avatar: http://www.wetanz.com/avatar-2/

    ReplyDelete
  12. AVATAR is the best film that I ever seen!!!! I'm italian.. and I see it at the cinema three times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. might sound strange, but what company made that wheelchair? I am wheelchair-bound myself and would like to know it.

    Please email to Hans1982@live.de thx!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you see this? This is awesome. I would really like to know. And yes, do you think that the products would go on sale? Email me at alicemcullen.cullen8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alice this was a temporary exhibit at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, L.A. during the 3D screenings of the movie.

    I'm sorry but I have no details about whether they will be for sale in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow the pictures are genuinly cool! Can one buy these articles? That became me times interesting. I am a total fan of the film AVATAR. I love it! If, then write times the web page or the address! I do not have to indicate my mail or?
    Love of greetings

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of the necklaces, bracelets and knives are available from Noblecollection.com

    I haven't any of them myself, but they look pretty accurate replicas in the pictures on NC site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's helpful, thanks for sharing, I know a lot of people were wondering where to buy replicas from :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. where did the big knife come from at the end of the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm trying to figure out what brand of permanent match they were using in the scene where jake lights the torch/spear and starts fighting the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok I hope this comment actually goes through this time, it keeps doing something odd. Does anyone know what brand of permanent match jake is using in the scene when he lights the torch/spear and starts fighting the dogs? They aren't normal matches, it's one of those metal reusable ones and I've been trying to find out since the movie was released.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry I don't know what matches he uses when fighting the Viperwolves, but maybe someone else will!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a dresser that my boss gave to me. He said it was from the set of Avatar. It is very unique and some of the paint chipped away reveals that is is indeed a plastic mold and not made of wood. How can I find out if it is from the movie and what it's worth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. You should try contacting Propstore.com and see if they can help, or at least point you in the right direction.

      Delete
  24. Do you plan on selling or know where I might be able to buy from Avatar props?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't own any of the costumes/props featured on this blog. I'd check out sites like Prop Store to see if they have any items for sale!

      Delete
  25. Do you plan on selling or know where I might be able to buy from Avatar props?

    ReplyDelete